Re: My CD and DVD are messed up

On 25/06/2011 19:58, lee wrote:
T o n g<mlist4suntong@yahoo.com>  writes:

On my system the /dev/cdrom is actually DVD while My CD is actually /dev/
cdrom1. This confuse most of the media software. How can I fix it?

Do you have entries about these devices in /etc/fstab?

Be careful that entries in /etc/fstab are only useful to actually mount a cdrom file system. When ripping audio cds, the /etc/fstab entry is completely useless because you're not supposed to mount an audio cd (even though this is possible with the package cdfs-src).

Nicolas