Re: monitor detection maybe not working

On 07/02/2011 02:05 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 13:22:02 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:

I'm running sid.

My monitor stopped going to the correct resolution some upgrades ago.  I
have an

nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX - nForce GPU] (rev a3).
Which VGA driver are you using?

Whatever nvidia-kernel-dkms left me with. Is there an easy way to tell which driver is active?

Nvidia closed driver provides "nvidia-settings" app to manage the basics
of the card.

Running this now gives me a dialog box which tells me I am not using the NVIDIA X driver and that I should run nvidia-xconfig. This tells me I need to fix xorg.conf which I will do later today.
Also, better if you upload your full "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" somewhere,

I will do that soon but I believe it will show you that read-edid is not reading my monitor info correctly which is why I started this thread.
just in case.

Thanks,

Paul