Re: Can't run apps as root in KDE

On Friday 01 July 2011 22:17:57 T Elcor wrote:
> > Have you tried;
> > alt+F2 to get krunner (I think that it is called), > then enter:
> > kdesu <application-that-you-want-to-run-as-root> <enter>
>
> When I do Alt+F2, then type "kdesu konqueror" (without quotes) and then try
> to press <Enter> nothing happens, pressing <Enter> doesn't seem to have any
> effect. Have you tried it yourself?

Yes - I use it all the time.  Less convoluted IMHO!  It is also possible to
click on "run" instead of pressing <enter> - I'm just naturally lazy! - but I
would not expect that to be different.  So the answer to my question is yes,
that method does have the same problem, you still can't run Konqueror etc. as
root.

Lisi