Re: weird - rsync get removed from system. presumably after last update?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

. . .
Look here http://pastebin.com/a9x3wu4L
. . .
   it seems that all lines from 14:31:44 to 14:31:55
   correspond to a single apt-get command, so I think that the
   removal of rsync is connected to one of the strange dependencies
   invented by apt-get. I saw a lot of them in the past, and we
   need a real Debian guru to explain them.
   For example, I tried to remove html2text, which is one of
   the removed packages in your dpkg.log

   I got that:

   The following packages will be REMOVED:
     alien cdbs debhelper device3dfx-source google-earth-stable html2text
     lsb lsb-core lsb-cxx lsb-desktop lsb-graphics
     realplay

     God knows why realplay or google-earth can't work without html2text!
     If realplay, why not rsync?

regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel