re: cannot go back from nouveau to nv

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 16:16:29 -0400 (EDT), Ron Johnson wrote:

> Time to accept the reality that time has passed by the Riva TNT2.
>
> NewEgg sells an AGP8X GeForce 5200 for $30 and GeForce 6200 for $35, and
> they might be even cheaper on eBay.

I replace hardware when it no longer meets my needs (hard disk too small,
not enough RAM, etc.)  That is not the case here.  The hardware works
perfectly, and it meets my needs.  I'll download the source code for
nv and compile it myself if I have to, rather than throw away perfectly
good hardware.  If I get to the point where I can no longer make it
work, I'll replace the monitor.  I've got four monitors lying around
in the basement that I'm not using.  And I've also got three other
computers lying around that I'm not using.  I'll bet that at least
one of them has a video card with a supported driver that supports
interlacing, and I can use the monitor I'm using now with one of them.
But it's good to know that cheap video cards are available.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :