Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

On 02/04/11 05:17, Paul E Condon wrote:
> On 20110401_051637, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> right now, the Official Debian site seems hacked by The Canterbury Distribution.
>>
>> I guess it is a joke.
>
> Apparently not a joke.
> So, what will change in Debian? Is there there a place to go to read about
> what parts of Debian the developers are hoping to let wither away? And what
> parts of some other distribution DDs are dreaming about adopting as the
> new way?

I suspect the idea/resolution to form a merged distribution is/was a
joke. Formalized co-operation between those distros is serious:-
http://fosdem.org/2011/schedule/event/distro_collaboration
I suspect you'll find that's where the prank originated from. (beer is
good!)
Canterbury Tales anyone? Or maybe Canterbury University, NZ - is that
Belgian beer (JM) ?? ;-p

So yes - there is/are plans to share ideas (not reinvent the wheel) and
collaborate - debian (or any of the other distros mentioned) being
replaced with a "merged" distro.... :-D
um, reality check folks - those sort of things generally require
community votes.

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.