Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

On 04/01/2011 07:20 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:17:42 +0100, Lisi wrote:

On Friday 01 April 2011 10:05:54 Liam O'Toole wrote:

I guess it is a joke.

04/01/11 !

What does the 4th of January have to do with it??!!!!

Perhaps on an international list we should say the month names as Liam
has here.  Otherwise one is playing guessing games to work out the
upbringing of any writer who uses an ambiguous form for the date.  In
this case the context made guessing easy, but that is rarely the case.

Not only date format can be a problem but its full meaning, as not every
country is aware of this "special day".

Here in Spain we celebrate it on December 28th instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day#Other_prank_days_in_the_world

What part of "Cultural Imperialism" don't you understand???

:)

corrupt."