Re: WLAN stick

Dne, 01. 04. 2011 09:37:21 je Paul van der Vlis napisal(a):
Hello,

Does somebody know here a buyable USB WLAN stick what works out of the
box with Debian stable?  (I don't have big problems with firmware from
the non-free repository)

I know the "Sweex Wireless 54G adapter USB" works out-of-the-box, but
the quality of the WLAN connection is really bad and slow.

Netgear WG111 (at least up to version v3 should work). The quality of the v3 which I have is quite good.

Or, alternatively, you could take a Debian laptop to the store and ask them to let you test their selection of WLAN sticks ?...

Or, alternatively, you could consult one of the numerous Linux HCL's now available, although they tend to be slightly outdated.

Oh, yes -- I personally strongly advise against buying a Belkin. They seem to ignore the existence of Linux and generally suck at support.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.