Re: allow/deny user power of the os

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 15:30:01 +0100, Pol Hallen scribbled:

> hi folks :)
>
> How is the best way to deny and allow by time and date of user/s
> poweroff/reboot system?
>
> This client runs from 08am to 8pm. I have to deny all users reboot or
> poweroff within time, but user/s can reboot or poweroff this system from
> 8.01pm to 7.59am.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pol

Aeons ago I created a special run level (4 was unused at that time) that
sorta looked like single user mode but wasn't.  At a set time the run
level would change effectively knocking everybody off and, with no gettys
running, not allowing them back on until what I wanted to get done was
done.

Regards
--
>@<
Bill Dennen			ieee1014@hotmail.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ...