Re: which DVD to download?

On Wed 02 Feb 2011 at 16:03:44 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> Agree. With no Internet connection I would go for the first CD or better
> yet, the first DVD.
>
> Last time I used "netinst" image fitted in a mini-CD (~210 MiB) which
> allowed me to install a bare system but not a full desktop metapackage,
> IIRC.

Internet access is absent whichever method, CD, DVD or netinst.iso, is
used with d-i. So the choice comes down to how bare/basic an initial
install has to be prior to adding further packages when connectivity is
available. If a full, working desktop is a requirement I'd be be looking
at a Debian Live iso rather than CD-1 or DVD-1.