Re: help

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 17:15:13 Camaleón wrote:
> I don't think the main point of this thread is about "newbie" definition.
> I've only pointed out that:

It was in origin - which is what I was sticking to.  So what we were failing
to meet on was what the thread was about!

A self avowed newbie (and the assertion appeared credible!) had asked for
help - he was the OP of this thread - and been given advice to use an
application which a newbie wouldn't have (since it is not in the default
install) to install a package that doesn't exist, since he had said that he
uses Lenny, and it isn't in Lenny.

That is where I have been coming from throughout.  A newbie who was given
what, for him, was totally inappropriate advice.

I have no difficulty at all in agreeing with you about the capabilities of
Debian!!  Just that they are inappropriate for this particular OP.

So I hope we have reached agreement??  I am now clear that all we were
disagreeing over was the OP and therefore the purpose of the thread. :-)

Pax??

Lisi