Re: [OT] Newbies and non-defaults

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:03:52 +0100, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:

> Op 02-02-11 15:42, Camaleón schreef:

(...)

>> So, if a user using KDE asks anything related to KDE, should we stop
>> replying just because is not using a default setting? No, of course.
>> The same goes with sudo.

> Of course not, and I think nobody said.

Well, maybe not "directly" but I see no problem in telling someone to run
"sudo" in Debian when is helping a user. If the said user does not
understand what it means and "sudo" command outputs an error it will
reply that "sudo <command> does not work here" or "I am getting X
message".

(...)

> Anyway, somebody starting a topic with "help" as subject certainly
> should read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ;)

We all have "dumb" days and when English is not our main language it
happens more often than we would like :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón