Re: Upgrade to 2.6.32-5-amd64 failing miserably

also sprach lrhorer <lrhorer@satx.rr.com> [2011.02.02.1748 +0100]:
>         No, that's the whole point.  It locks up.  It doesn't just launch the
> BusyBox shell, awaiting a command.  It doesn't respond to the keyboard.

So you likely do not have the required USB modules for the keyboard
in the initramfs. I suggest that you recreate the initramfs after
changing MODULES="most" in /etc/initramfs/mkinitramfs.conf

> I thought I made that clear when I said, "...hangs completely."
> If that weren't the case, I could have investigated further
> myself. Without a responding system, though, and no way to save
> logs, I'm stuck.

Fair enough, although I doubt that it actually hangs. It just
doesn't know how to deal with your keyboard.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"without music, life would be a mistake."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche