Re: mcedit copy to cooledit.clip

Wayne Topa wrote:
On 12/31/2011 11:27 AM, hvw59601 wrote:
Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:05:48 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:

When mc runs in forked shell, like script, the ctrl-ins keys in mcedit
to copy marked text to cooledit.clip doesn't work. Anybody knows why
not?

Could it be because of some sort of key binding problem within the
terminal?

I have tested mcedit (run inside "script" and also by direct call) on
wheezy from gnome-terminal and xterm and "ctrl+ins" seems to do
nothing but F3/F5 still does the mark/paste work :-?

Right. F3/F5 still select/copy within the file, but ctrl-ins does not
copy to cooledit.clip, it does nothing.

In the man I find only that it is supposed to work, but the man is huge
(3337 lines). This is not something new, I don't ever remember it
working. I would like to know why.

I had never used mcedit so tried it on Wheezy with version 3:4.7.0.9-2. I used mrxvt for the test.

Used Ctrl-ins to copy a line then Shift-ins to paste it somewhere else.
Works here as discribed in the man page.

I thenm treid it in an xterm and it did not work. As mentioned in the man page these do not work in some terminals so they covered all the bases.

<snip>

Wayne, did you try ctrl-ins in mcedit under script on a vt?

Hugo