Re: display: unable to load font -microsoft-verdana...

On 2011-12-29, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing the pdf was built using that font.

"display" (with no argument whatsoever) was giving me the font warning
and the app would not open at all. This after trying to open a jpeg file
and getting that same warning.  Apparently, the jpeg file had a
microsoft font embedded in it (I didn't know jpeg files could have fonts
in them--I thought they were all "image").

Anyway, it seems like some kind of minor bug to me, but I installed the
proprietary font, and all my troubles went away.

Thank you for your time.