Re: ammt: command not found

On 30/12/11 19:57, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to learn configuring amanda backup by referring to
> http://www.howtoforge.com/disk-backup-with-amanda-on-debian-lenny
> but stuck at "Test the virtual tapes:" because program ammt is not
> available.
>
> searching with apt-file also returns no output
>
> any idea? or this program had been renamed/deprecated in squeeze?

AFAIK it's been deprecated in zmanda (upstream) too....

> --
> Regards,
>
> Umarzuki Mochlis
> http://debmal.my

Disclaimer: I haven't used Amanda for a while[*1]. At the time it was
too far behind upstream, no config file, and perl was broken, so I
installed from Testing - and ammt was deprecated then.
So I'm relying on old memories of a different version...

Try "amtape" instead of ammt

The documentation on zmanda is good, (though I'd use the debian
docs/man/info/README first):-
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/User_documentation

Hope that gets you on the path.

Cheers

[*1] Nothing wrong with it - I just prefer my FOG/rsync mashup