Re: intel i5, system config question

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:20:26 +1000, yudi v wrote:

>> (please, avoid using html format in your messages, they're hard to
>> read)
> will do.

Thanks :-)

>> There's no need to "upgrade" but "install" a new kernel in parallel
>> (that way you always keep the stock kernel if something goes wrong) and
>> installing a new kernel -or even compiling one by yoursef- is pretty
>> easy :-)
>
> how about using kernels from Liquorix?

I don't know about Liquorix, let me teach myself (...) ah, okay, it seems
to be a kernel targeted to multimedia systems but seems to be for sid :-?

I would forget about that given that you can use your custom compiled
kernel (from debian sources or kernel's site sources) with no hassle.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón