Re: need git suggestion

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 04:19:38PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:29:45 +0100
> Andreas Ronnquist <mailinglists@gusnan.se> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:07:37 +0530
> > "J. Bakshi" <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > we are working in svn environment. We like to upgrade our-self to git technology.
> > > We have both Linux/windows environment but max. is Linux. Could any one suggest a
> > > good online guide as well as GUI clients for quick starting the git ?
> >
> > If you can stand the commandline, the following screen-cast is brilliant:
> >
> > http://vimeo.com/16395537
> >
> > best regards
> > /Andreas
>
> Yes, it is rreally nice. But I need a GUI for linux. And the users are unfamiliar with git.

git gui
gitk (browser)

But the reality is that git is a command-line tool; you'll need to
use it as such to get the most out of it.  The same applies to all
version control systems though; git is not an exception!  There
are plenty of excellent git tutorials; google can find them:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=git+tutorial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
http://book.git-scm.com/

No GUI will expose all of the functionality of the command-line
interface--if you want to do anything more exciting than the
basics, then you need to learn how to drive it.  It's not that
difficult if you start simple and work through some of the
tutorials.

Regards,
Roger

--