Re: need git suggestion

> technology. We have both Linux/windows environment but max. is Linux.
> Could any one suggest a good online guide as well as GUI clients for
> quick starting the git

Use

git command line
gitk
git-gui

and you'll be happy. Most of the GUI stuff can be done in gitk and
git-gui. If you really really need a GUI, then you might want to use

http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/index.html

which we use a lot. The problem with GUI tools is that they use
different wording. However this might be something you actually like,
because they came from SVN in the beginning I think.

Funny thing was here: Most of the users switched to the CLI from
SmartGit after a month or so because they found out it performs much
better and offers more possibilities.

HTH, ändu