Re: can't block Facebook application

On 28/12/11 14:29, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> SF> As previously stated - this is not a Debian related problem
> I am guessing if Windows was affected this would have been found long
> ago

That's the problem with guesses.

>, but I don't have Windows and the town library is far away so I asked.
> SF> In a terminal run netstat and look at active http connections.
> I even used tcpflow(1)

Does that mean you *didn't* run netstat?

>  but the javascript mess I got is too confusing,

> so I thought a sharp person on this list here could give it a click.

Sharp I'm not (I can do blunt in a pinch).

hmerologio is sharp - you could try asking him...
*cough*D1g1t@lGang5ter*cough* (don't expect me to plug his usual haunts)

Probably the best thing you can do is:-
;complain to Facebook (maybe they'll do something)
;advise your contacts that you accidentally gave an app access to your
contacts list (maybe they'll enjoy personalised spam and the sale of
their likes).

Cheers