Re: OT: deferring gmail's new look

On Sunday 25 December 2011 15:45:20 Victor Nitu wrote:
> I'm not sure I got this right, but IMO a mail client is worth having.
> Even if you *really* need a web app, you can go for roundcube or
> squirrel mail and teach them to read your mail from Google's IMAP/POP.
>
> Why bother accepting a default UI when you can easily go and choose one?

I don't use GMail as an email client, except when I am away from home.  I use
it as an archive , search engine and spam trap.  At all three of which it is
far more efficacious than my email client.  The spam trap on my box then has
far less to deal with.
.
> Let me put it this way: it's not a free and transparent service (and you
> all knew that in the first place), and by using it you explicitly
> agree(d) to get what they give and only that.

Of course - but that doesn't mean that we have got to like it.

> If you agreed to that,  then why all this noise?

Goodness, if you regard three short emails as "all this noise" you must lead a
very cloistered life.  I take it you have a delete button on your keyboard?

Lisi