Re: Linux based forum software

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

Do you know any Linux based forum software that is good?

The word "forum" is the worst to search, I've managed to find
http://www.simplemachines.org/, but was wondering of your opinion on it
and what else are good.

SimpleMachines is more of a CMS+Forum rolled into one, IIRC, they bundle
phpBB with it ... as for it's security, I have no idea. You can also use phpbb
by itself, w/o the CMS bundle of SimpleMachines. there is also vBulitain which
is not free (and not cheap either.) I'm unaware of any other alternatives that
offer this rather traditional layout...