Re: Icedove Tab Bar - Ugly

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:18:11 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 21:29:52 +1000, Ashton Fagg wrote:
>
> > Minor annoyance (more cosmetic than anything) with Icedove. I've
> > made the observation that the tab bar is very out of place. The
> > surrounds are grey, but the tab is white and it looks just plain
> > awful. I've not seen this on any other distro (or Windoze for that
> > matter).
> >
> > Is there a way to fix this without installing another theme? I've
> > taken a screenshot of what I mean (see here:
> > http://i.imgur.com/WaGod.png).
>
> I see... yes, there's a noticeable difference between the two color
> tones.

Looking at the screenshot, that appears to be an intentional decision.
It appears to me that the current tab is highlighted. I would imagine
that if you open a new tab, the old tab reverts to the greyer colour?

I don't know if you can turn off the highlighting of the current tab,
but in Mozilla products you can usually turn the tab bar off if only
one tab is open (thus sort of reverting back to a non-tabbed interface).

--
Paul Saunders