Re: boot from a iso with grub-imageboot problem

On 12/21/2011 11:25 AM, afuentes wrote:
On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 09:28 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 12/21/2011 06:38 AM, afuentes wrote:
On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 05:53 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
Can you show us what the /etc/default/grub-imageboot file looks like.

with pleasure :)

cat /etc/default/grub-imageboot

# Where to find the iso/floppy images

IMAGES="IMAGES="/home/afuentes/qindel/isos"

I tried that too and it does not work. Why, because you are booting the
iso NOT your (squeeze/wheezy/sid) the .iso file does not know about your
home directory.  You have to put the iso file in /boot/images/ for it to
work.

well, the weird thing is that grml-rescueboot is a very similar package
(similar configure file to read isos, etc...) and ITS ABLE to find the
isos, even if in my /home :)

Try it yourself, i kid you not :). I tried with grml-rescueboot and its
able to find the iso.

greets!
aL

You are correct, grml-rescue can find the location of the ISOs with the
location entered into /etc/default/grml-rescue-boot. BUT, here on wheezy, even though the iso's are included in the Grub2 boot screen, it does not load them. :-( That is why I was trying out grub-imageboot. I also don't want my iso's in /boot but it does load
them.

Maybe a wishlist item for grub-imageboot.  :-)

PD: the thing is, my boot partition is very small and outside lvm, i
should have to resize everything. And i think its technically possible
to read from there, coz other similar program (same authors i think) its
able to do it ... :)