cron and MAILTO

Hi,

How does cron decide whom the email will send to?

I know setting MAILTO is effective for individual crontab jobs, since the
whole cron job will be run under a single user id. But how about the cron
jobs under /etc/cron.d/?

I know normally cron will send emails to whoever the job is owned/
launched by, but if I put a MAILTO at the top of the file, will all
emails be then sent to my designated MAILTO user id, instead of to
different users that own/launch the jobs?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/