Re: xfce4-panel often stops running?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Is anyone else seeing a lot of crashes of xfce4-panel in stock Squeeze
> > stable?  It frequently drops off the screen and stops running.
>
> I don't run Squeeze but Sid and have xfce4-panel 4.8.6-1.
> No crashes of panel. Sometimes crashes of wmdock plugin.

Hmm...  I am getting reports from users of two xfce4-panel crashes a
day out of about fifty users using xfce working on Squeeze.  This
environment uses NFS mounted home directories and so I am always
suspicious of nfs locking problems but otherwise everything seems to
be okay.  Restarting it with Alt-F2 xfce4-panel restores it to the
screen but is just a workaround.

I am thinking I might need to instrument it for debugging and then set
a trap for the problem.  Not looking forward to that effort.

Bob