Re: iceweasel no more support by google

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:29:28 +0100, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> Since new google and gnome 3 advent, iceweasel is said not to be
> supported.

Uh? Not supported "what" and from "where"?

> I can't access my institutional email address.

Access from where? Please, expand the information a bit :-)

> It is indicated to install either google own web browser or mozilla.

AFAIK, Mozilla Firefox is Iceweasel (without branding).

> Why so and why google does distinguish between iceaweasel and mozilla?

I can access to my Gmail account with no problems from Iceweasel.

> With my old desktop an small HD (to spare money for servers) I am having
> problems of disk space, while most of gnome is not useful to me and
> gnome 3,  installed following uninstall of gnome in wheezy, is giving so
> many troubles.

I see no direct relation between GNOME3 and gnome-shell and Google
services :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón