Re: attempting to configure wireless card tl-wn353g hangs computer

On Thu 15 Dec 2011 at 06:57:55 -0800, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:

> Yes, it only hangs when there is a stanza referring to it in the /e/n/i.

Commenting out 'auto wlan0' in /e/n/i means the interfaces file will not
be used during booting. You should end up with a responsive machine.
What happens if you try to bring up the link manually with 'ifup wlan0'?

> I don't see anything in dmesg or /var/log/syslog from wpa_suplicant.

It looks like the supplicant didn't get the opportunity to attempt an
association with the access point. Are there any significant differences
in the syslogs for a good and a bad boot?