Re: Unmark auto without apt-mark or aptitutude?

Am 14.12.2011 22:22, schrieb Andrei Popescu:
> Your problem is not unique, see the recent thread on debian-devel
> triggered by an announcement about changes in archive sections. You
> could take the initiative and drive the required changes to have apt
> handle transitional packages specially ;)

I've been looking through debian-devel without finding the thread you
are referring to. Do you possibly have its subject or start date?

As a first test, I tried to edit '/var/lib/apt/extended_states' from the
postinst of the transitional package to unmark the auto flag. The change
didn't last, though. I guees aptitude is performing its change after that.

As suggested, I'll take my problems to debian-mentors...

Thanks, Malte