Re: wireless problems wheezy: repeated login/logout

On Thu 15 Dec 2011 at 09:06:30 +0000, Richard wrote:

> I loaded wheezy on to my laptop and use a wpa network at home, other
> visiting laptops and my android phone have no problem, but on wheezy
> the network is found the address is issued and about 10 secs later it
> disconnects.

Is NM or /e/n/i being used to manage the network? Is there a cycle of
connection/disconnection events or does it happen just the once? Does it
happen once in while/fairly frequently/almost always? Firmware for the
adapter (if needed) is available?

> Powering down the router sometimes helps as it seem s to force the
> password to need to be re-enterd on the laptop. this is occurring with
> current builds of wheezy, and IS NOT either the network or the laptop,
> as the laptop runs extremely well on Fed FC16. Any one else seen this
> behaviour ?

It's not unknown. syslog is usually quite verbose about network events.
Anything of interest in it?