Re: Copying of web pages by Firefox

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:04:58 +0000, Dr Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> Someone in another group had a web-page in a Usenet newsgroup article
> which I clicked on. KDE loaded firefox (which is my default browser),
> but instead of giving me the web page, it copied the web-page of the
> link into
> /var/tmp/kdecache-sian/krun/13950.0.iu.html Unfortunately, most of the
> links in the page are reference a file in /var/tmp/kdecache-sian/krun/
> which I do not have.
>
> How can I prevent Firefox copying the web-page? And why does it do it?

That's a weird place for Firefox to save temporary files :-?

>From what kind of client (newsreader) did you load the URL? Maybe you
have to instruct your reader how to handle "http://"; protocol and links
inside it or maybe is just the URI source (.html) was embedded in the
message and thus the newsreader thought it was a file to be save
somewhere...

> I might note that the newsgroup is soc.culture.esperanto and the web
> page is in Esperanto using UTF-8.

Try to load the newsgroup messages with another nntp client to see if you
can mimic the same behaviour.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón