Zeroed in size files - FS failures?

Good time of the day.

For several last days I have noticed several issues w/ my HDD storage -
the files that having actively used - read/written randomly were zeroed
in size and its contents gone of course.

It was on FS (ext4) that was oft times full, oft w/ free space - but
the question is of unordinary  bahavior of 2 editors that were used for
the text files - kate and mcedit - no one, ever, did notify on writting
failures - both did save files as usual (that resulted in proper data
storing).

Another interesting moment was noticed w/ mc file moving - it seemed
moved the file when it was gone from both dir.s - right after move
process - in both its windows (source and target dir.s / panels) it
simply disappeared.

So, question is, What to do in such situation (besides bug reporting)?

I use on the system linux kernel 3.1.0-1-amd64. And it is
wheezy/testing.

Thanks for Your time.