Re: installing nouveau_vieux_dri.so

On 2011-12-12 15:54 +0100, Carlos Davila wrote:

> Am trying to install Debian squeeze on an old Compaq TC 1000 tablet.
> According to my Xorg.0.log file, I get:
>
> "(EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_vieux_dri.so failed
> .... No such file or directory)"
>
> and the driver is indeed missing from /usr/lib/dri. So I tried
> "apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri-dev" and still no nouveau driver.

This package does not exist, so that's a small wonder.

> Bug #586062 looked at this issue and it has been closed, but I am still
> not sure what I need to do to install the driver.

Upgrade to wheezy, or install the libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental package
from squeeze-backports.  Note that in the latter case you also have to
upgrade the whole X stack as well as the kernel to the squeeze-backports
versions.

Probably you won't have too much fun anyway with 3D on such an old
machine, and the nouveau_vieux driver is currently not supported¹ by
the Nouveau developers.

Sven

¹ http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/MesaDrivers