error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Hello.

I keep getting this message when I try to set up my esniper client for
bidding.
Auction <auction numer>: Cannot connect to URL ��: Peer certificate
cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates: SSL certificate
problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed

This has been going on for several months now on my Debian Testing machine.

Has anybody got this working?

I have the following installed:
libcurl3                          7.22.0-3
libcurl3-gnutls                   7.22.0-3
esniper                           2.24.0-1

Thanks.

ever having been read.