Re: Working bootable USB boot stick, can bootable ISO be created from it?

On 09.12.2011 19:10, Brian wrote:
On Fri 09 Dec 2011 at 17:30:18 -0500, vr wrote:

As the title says; can a bootable ISO be created easily somehow off a
working bootable USB stick that is formatted FAT?

I would have thought so. dd gives you an exact copy of everything on the
stick.

I tried dd if=/dev/sdb of=/tmp/myboot.iso

What did you do then with myboot.iso?

I attached myboot.iso as Supermicro IPMI virtual storage, selected my IPMI virtual CD as the 1st boot device but it will not boot from the ISO.