Re: Why is it...,

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 19:40 -0800, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> You evidently made a mistake (or several) during the installation.
>You need to discover what BEFORE taking that exam.  Won't impress a
>future employer or client of your talents if you can't even install Red
>Hat.
>
> FWIW, I've never experienced your problem, and I've been using Fedora
>since Core 3.  Now, switching to Debian for the longer support time.
>I've done dozens of Fedora/CentOS installations on various
>machines--desktops & notebooks--over the years with few problems.  And
>computers are not even my profession.

Maybe so but I correctly partitioned the drive using QTParted, followed
procedures down to the letter & still no deal. Could be due to my
incompetence, bad install iso (although I verified them), the ThinkPad
having an off-day or the fact it's a full-moon.

Have installed CentOS before using the same modus operandi. Who knows?
Debian worked OK...

Exam entails empty drive & RedHat & I've another machine & a copy of
Shrike so onwards & upwards.

Cheers,

        Phil...