Re: disable beep for wall command

On 06/12/2011 14:54, Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins wrote:
What's making that horrible beep is the calling of the funtion
sigaction() with the first parameter being SIGALRM, and then it being
called the function alarm().

As we said, disabling your pc beep disables this, as disabling only the
wall will not solve your problem (other programs will also beep the
whole time).

If your ALSA mixer does not have this (are you sure?),

Sometimes the name is also something like "Pc speaker", "Pc beep" or similar...

I *think* I remember on a non-laptop PC there was a setting for this in the BIOS but I'm not 100% sure.

Lorenzo.

then maybe your
sound card is controlled by other system that's not ALSA. In that case
the gnome-volume-control may or may not have the pc beep option, but
check the preferences again.