Re: for those who dislike gnome3-shell

On 03-12-2011 15:38, Richard wrote:
On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 10:27:32 -0500
Patrick Wiseman<pwiseman@gmail.com>  wrote:

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 13:22:05 +0000, Richard wrote:

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 12:12:16 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 00:21:02 +0000, Richard wrote:

After tonights updates the login pane gives the option of gnome or
"gnome classic" ;)

Uh? :-?

You mean the "fallback" mode? It has been there since always.

NO :)

ON THE LOGIN TAB
there is now a selection of "Gnome ", "Gnome Classic" or what ever other
DMs you have loaded The name fallback has been replaced by gnome
classic.

That option is not available here (updated wheezy).

But in the end is just a cosmetic change, doesn't it? I mean, when you
select "Gnome Classic" what you get the fallback mode, right?

It's still "GNOME fallback" here, too, on my up-to-date testing system.

Patrick

I've pulled from Sid, I know its only a name, but does it indicate that the gnome wahlars have
taken notice of the screams and criticism from users ?.

Not again the same discussion; but once that you raised it, I must state that I love Gnome 3 shell, not everyone dislikes it.

jss