Re: Booting into DOS

At 07:42 PM 12/1/2011, Tom H wrote:
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Tom -
>
> Thanks.
>
> Here is the changed file.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec tail -n +3 $0
> # This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries.  Simply type
> the
> # menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
> # the 'exec tail' line above.
> menuentry "DOS (loader) (on /dev/sda1)" {
>        insmod part_msdos
>        insmod fat
> #        set root='(hd0,0)'
>    set=root
>        search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 351B-1CE1
>        chainloader +1
> }
>
> I probably did not understand what you said, becuase it will not boot into
> DOS.

You're welcome.

My fault:

Change
set root='(hd0,0)'
set root='(hd0,1)'
because in grub2 sda1 corresponds to (hd0,1) whereas in grub1 sda1
corresponds to (hd0,0).

Tom -

Thanks.

I'm obviously doing something incorrect, since I cannot get a DOS boot. I'm sure I misunderstood you. What are all the files that should be edited, and what should they contain?

Ethan