Re: system menu gone on wheezy+gnome 2
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: system menu gone on wheezy+gnome 2
- From: David Zelinsky <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 00:28:46 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <i35OOemail@example.com> (David Zelinsky's message of "Thu, 01 Dec 2011 04:50:02 +0100")
- References: <i35OOfirstname.lastname@example.org> <i35OOemail@example.com> <i35OOfirstname.lastname@example.org>
David Zelinsky <email@example.com> writes:
>> For me it sounds more like a gnome3 fallback mode as whole gnome2 has
>> been replaced in testing already.
>> And if I'm correct everything is ok, those menus aren't there anymore.
> About GNOME (which _is_ still in the System menu) says it's 2.30. I
> might not mind if it were a whole new system with other places to find
> important things (like Preferences), but all seems to be exactly as it
> was, but without Preferences or Administration menus.
OK, I spoke too soon. I just did a dist-upgrade and got switched over
to gnome 3. What a mess! I'll have to play with this a bit before
posting an inevitable cry for help.