Detach Icedove from xterm itself called from terminal.

Hello there,

When started from gnome-terminal, Icedove stays attached to it. I can detach it by executing "icedove &". The problem is, I can't seem to do that recursively, i.e. from the terminal call another terminal which calls "icedove &". The following works: "xterm -e 'icedove'" (with Icedove attached to xterm), but "xterm -e 'icedove &'" doesn't (xterm starts and closes immediately).

Any idea?

Best,
Paul