Can I help?

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is William Schafer. I am a forum helper (read moderator) at Kuki Linux. I was the first individual granted this position. Our Ubuntu based distribution originally for the Acer Aspire One netbook has been foundering. As a result I am not being called upon as much (read barely ever) as when we had our hay day!

I recently helped a Kuki user swap to Debian "stable". I found this to be a very rewarding experience. I would like to offer my help as a forum helper to the Debian users. Especially in the area of installation and general user help.

I should say that my present environment is Apple influenced and my preferred rig is an Macbook Air (3,1) which I have yet to to be able to install Debian natively. I do also have a Macbook Pro and an iMac. At present most of my tinkering is done with Virtualbox. However I did own an Aspire one and I did contribute.

I want to offer my support as someone who can assist people changing from another environment to Debian. I am prepared to offer this help through email, forums and IRC etc. I fully understand and like the idea that I do not do this for financial remuneration.

Can I be of service to Debian? I sincerely hope so. I can be contacted at william.schafer@me.com. My screen name at Kuki.me/forum is Limey Bstard (so you can evaluate my forum abilities).

Yours sincerely, William Schafer.