Laptop Not Resuming From Hibernation

Hello,

I recently installed Debian 6.0.3 (squeeze) on my Acer Aspire 5735 laptop and
I'm having problems resuming after hibernation.

Hibernation seems to succeed; the computer takes some time and shuts
off. Then, when I press the power to resume, the power turns on and
the hard drive light is active - but then it stops and turns off.

If I remove my laptop from AC (and remove the battery), and then go
back on AC, it will start up (but not in the same state prior to
hibernation).

Thanks,
Colin