Re: inconsistency in results using Ctrl+F in libreoffice across 2 Debian boxes

On 28/11/11 16:37, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:58:06 +0000, AG wrote:

I have two machines, both running Debian stable (squeeze) and on both I
jettisoned OpenOffice.org in favor of LibreOffice.

On one machine (box A) in Writer or in Calc I can use the keyboard
commands Ctrl+F or Ctrl+Alt+F to "find" and "find and replace"
respectively.  On Box B however, these keyboard commands don't work -
instead the file drop down menu is activated.

Aside from the actual hardware inside the boxes, the installation was
the same, the updates were the same, etc. so how do I begin debugging
this?

Hi Camaleón

If that makes no difference, review your DE keyword shorcuts to check if
there is another application which is already using that keyword
combination.

Do the DE short cuts get priority over application short cuts? Can this ordering be changed?

I'm using Gnome 2.

AG