Re: Re: Getty is spawning to early

John Hasler writes:
Ok.  Is the idea to image all the machines identically and then
configure them automatically via dhcp?  If so why do they need locally
configured hostnames at all?

By default all of our distribution templates set the hostname of the system, via DHCP, to match the default PTR record we define for IP addresses. All of our ranges have default PTRs that are unique to that one address.

As we've done this for many years it is the expected default. To change this would require we re-tool all current templates.

-Tim