Re: SATA disc spindown

Thanks alot for all the infos. Very helpful!
I'll try that this evening :-)

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:57:03 +0100, Lou wrote:

> Maybe you can choose a solution where you unmount the array before you
> put them to sleep, just to be on the save side? I never used this, since
> I prefer to shutdown a server on inactivity, and wake it up again using
> WOL or acpi wakeup.

I'd like to shut down the server too. But this seemed too complicated for
a noob like me ;-)
On the server there's a MythBackend, Logitech Media Server, content for
XBMC and apache. All of them need to be checked so that the server
doesn't shut when it shouldn't.
It seemed that putting the unused discs to sleep would be easier.

I don't know if I can check whether the raid is in use or not because it
serves content for XBMC, Logitech Media Server and apache.

Thanks again

Ramon