From: "giovanni_re" <john_re@fastmail.us>
To: "Mehma Sarja" <mehmasarja@gmail.com>, "volunteers@lists.svlug.org"
<volunteers@lists.svlug.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 23:53:31 -0800
Subject: [volunteers] HowTo  Re:  Occupy Linux

Hi Mehma  :)

Your jobs are:

1) Post this message to the main svlug list.

2) Go to an occupy site to make some friends, and see what it's all
about.

3) Help out as you can.

4) Tell us:  Which location will you invite us to, and when?

They are needing just what you suggested:
http://www.occupysf.com/

" Occupy San Francisco Top Needs

    Shelter (Tents, Canopies, or Tarps)
    Warmth (Sleeping bags, blankets, and weather resistant clothing)
    Power (XP 18000 Energizer packs (4x) and long term alternative)
    Technology (Laptops)
    Infrastructure (Milk crates, shelves, tables, chairs, plastic
    pallets, and sand bags)

6.  And your participation!

Occupy San Francisco is receiving hundreds of emails each day with
people asking how they can get involved. The different ways to
participate in this occupation are limitless.

Bring your skills and ambitions to create a better world as part of our
budding democracy. Come and decide how you can best participate directly
on the ground or within our huge network of support. Come meet us! Then
we can all be friends!

    We need our 99% to come out and organize, communicate, join
    committees, and occupy.

Community starts on the ground and the best support you can provide is
to be with us, communicating directly, and exercising our consensus
decision-making power together!

Join us!

The biggest part of our Occupation is to have people consistently on the
ground, relieving our tired occupiers to keep the movement successful
and invigorated.

Please bring your skills and knowledge to share with us! We want
teachers to host free workshops, experts to come share skills, and
project-oriented folks to help us build our occupational infrastructure
and broaden our own degree of skill sets.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Love,
OccupySF"

Find your local group:
http://www.occupytogether.org/actions/

-
See the:
SHOTGUN RULES FOR  Occupy-Linux MEETINGS
http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

-
So, Mehma,
1) Post this to the SVLUG general/main email list.
2)  Tell us:  Which location will you invite us to, and when?