Getty is spawning to early

Hello,

I have an interesting problem that should actually be seen as a compliment to Debian.  My system is booting so fast that the /sbin/getty is spawning before DHCP sets the hostname.  So I get a prompt like this:

====
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (none) hvc0

(none) login:
====

If I log in, the hostname is set, and when logging back out it appears as well.

This configuration is destined to be used for mass deployments of Debian Squeeze.  So simply hardcoding the hostname is not a solution, unfortunately.  Is there an easy way to slow down when getty is launched so that I leave enough time for the hostname to be set?

-Tim