Re: Help with CUPS- printing from Windows to Debian print server

You can point the printer in the lower part of the windows box, with the printer url, like
http://yourdebianbox:631/printers/yourprinter or something like that, and windows will
user ipp protocol to reach the printer. You will have to bring the windows driver to the
windows box.
Beware of config cups to listen to the hostname ("yourdebianbox"). If not, just use ip number.

Regards.

Pablo
I have set up a CUPS server on one of my Debian boxes, directly attached
via parallel port. I can print to it from a different Debian box on my
LAN, but not from a Windows box.

The Windows box does see the printer, and says the printer is setup
properly and sends jobs to the printer with no errors, but nothing shows
up. I don't know where to look for error messages, other than the CUPS web
interface (localhost:631).

I have followed the instructions from this web page:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-and-Windows-Shared-Printing/sharing_with_windows.html

which shows how to setup Samba and CUPS expressly for this purpose.

Maybe one of you can suggest other web sources for me to look at to find
out how to debug this situation? I'm using Wheezy and Windows 7.

Thanks,
Keith