Re: ATI proprietary driver unstable on kernel 3.0.0.2

On Lu, 21 nov 11, 12:33:42, Richard wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pretty sure this isn't a gnome problem as it effects xfce as well.
>
> The display with the fglrx module is unstable when changing desktops it breaks up,
> starting and video causes it to crash and you get returned to the login pane
> DKMS will not build the fglrx modules downloaded from the repo.
>
> Should this be posted on the -dev list as I'm running wheesy/sid ?

debian-devel is not:
- user support (debian-user is)
- a place to report bugs (the BTS is)

If a Debian package does not install correctly (and I consider the
compilation of the DKMS module part of the installation) it is a bug.

Chances are it was already reported (did you check?), otherwise use
reportbug to report it *after* you made sure it was not an issue with
your particular setup (ask here on debian-user if in doubt).

Sorry I can not assist with your particular problem, the only Debian
system with fglrx I have "access" to is currently running stable and it
was exactly this kind of issues that convinced the user to stick with
stable.

Kind regards,
Andrei